Thursday, December 6, 2018

"Reunited At Last"

"Reunited At Last"




Personally, this is one of my favorite pieces I have done so far. Most of my paintings are more to the realistic side, unlike this painting which allowed me to step out of my comfort zone and try a new style of painting, impressionism. I somewhat designed this painting, I got the idea of the kissing people from another image along with the more plainer light pole on the right hand side of the painting. Other than that, I drew out this romantic scene and decided to paint this with warm acrylic colors, having the majority of the colors consisting of the primary colors. Although, I did have to throw in there some darker values so everything wouldn't blend together and give it the kind of evening/night feel. I used a palet knife during this whole painting and the majority of my technique was either dabbing (I used this on the sky and people) and then short strokes dragging from the left to right (I used this on the reflecting ground). One of the interesting things about this painting was that I actually painted this with my opposite hand, which is my right. Handling the palet knife felt more comfortable with my right so I decided to go for it. As I finished painting the big tree to the right, I knew I needed to balance out this piece with something on the left side of the painting but nothing too out there that would take away from the people. I decided a bigger fancier light post in the background would balance the painting out along with gradually putting in smaller light posts as your eyes should move throughout the picture. Also, I used repetition with my colors throughout the sky as I would alternate each color I used. One thing I would change with my painting is that I would've somehow showed the difference between the sky and the ground more instead of blending it in together.

No comments:

Post a Comment